The library is open to all residents of Waveland and Brown Township. To apply for an Evergreen Indiana library card, please bring proper identification to the library.
- Proper Identification is ONE of the following:
- • a valid Indiana driver’s license which displays a current address
- • a valid Indiana state ID which displays a current address
- • a current government issued photo ID (e.g., military ID, passport)
If the presented Proper Identification does not display a current address, the applicant must also present ONE item from the Recommended List of Supplemental ID in addition to government-issued Proper Identification. The item presented from the Recommended List of Supplemental ID must include a current address.
- Recommended List of Supplemental ID:
- • valid voter registration card
- • apartment lease signed within the last 30 days
- • bank statement issued within the last 30 days
- • utility bill issued within the last 30 days
- • property tax receipt.
The charge for a replacement Evergreen Indiana library card is two dollars ($2.00).
Proper Identification must be presented to obtain a replacement library card.
- DVDs 1 Week
- Magazines 1 Week
- Books 3 Weeks
- All Other 3 Weeks
Renewal requests may be made in person, by phone, or online via the My Account feature. Certain categories of materials are not eligible for renewal. If a “HOLD” has been placed on an item, it may not be renewed.
Our hold policy allows patrons one week to pick up a book ordered through interlibrary loan or to pick up older books and DVDs from our collection. Holds placed on new books from our library will stay in effect for three days after we contact you. Holds placed on new DVDs from our library will stay in effect for 24 hours after we contact you. Material not picked up within the allotted time will be reshelved.
Evergreen Indiana libraries have established a schedule of fines and fees as an encouragement for the timely return of materials by their due dates. Overdue materials incur fines of 25¢ per day per item with a $10.00 fine cap per item.
Lost or Damaged Items
If an item is lost or damaged, the price of the item and any outstanding fines plus a processing fee of $10.00 per item will be assessed to the patron’s card. A patron is encouraged to notify the library that an item is “LOST” to stop accruing additional overdue fines on that item.
Waveland-Brown Township Public Library is a member of the Evergreen Indiana Library Consortium and operates under uniform circulation policies and procedures.
Waveland-Brown Township Public Library offers Internet access as one of the many components of the library’s resources designed to meet the educational, informational and recreational needs of the community.
The Internet contains a wide variety of material and opinion. Sites may contain material that is inaccurate, defamatory, illegal or potentially offensive to some people. Users are responsible for obtaining information that is acceptable and suitable to their needs.
The library cannot control links and sites often change rapidly and unpredictably. The Waveland-Brown Township Public Library has implemented CIPA compliant filtering software to protect against visual depictions of obscenity, child pornography, and materials harmful to minors; however it is technically impossible to prevent access to all objectionable material. The library director, staff and board of directors do not and will not take responsibility of acting in a parent’s absence. Patrons under the age of 18 will not be allowed access to the public computers without having a parental permission slip on file in the library. Patrons under the age of 10 may only access the public computers when supervised by a parent. The parent of any child under the age of 18 assumes full responsibility for that child and any material they access.
The use of the Internet, either using library equipment or through connections provided by the Waveland-Brown Township Public Library is a privilege. Unacceptable use, as determined by the library, will result in loss of privilege and/or disciplinary action.
- Guidelines for Use:
- • Users must sign in at the desk.
- • Use will be restricted to 30 minutes if people are waiting.
- • Access to chat rooms including Myspace is prohibited.
- • A printing charge of ten cents per copy will be charged.
Extra or unwanted sheets are the responsibility of the user and must be paid.
- Unacceptable use includes:
- • Accessing, uploading, downloading or transmitting material or language that is pornographic, obscene,
abusive, sexually explicit, and harmful to minors including child pornography.
- • The use for any purpose that violates applicable federal, state, or local law.
- • Interfering with or disrupting other computer users, services, or equipment.
- • Malicious, threatening, harassing, or obscene behavior.
This includes the display of obscene materials on computer screens.
- • Unauthorized tampering with computer hardware or software.
- • Participation in gambling websites.
- Disciplinary Action may include:
- • Loss of use of the public computers.
- • Loss of all library privileges.
- • Expulsion from the library.
- • Reporting unlawful activity to the proper authorities.
The Waveland-Brown Township Public Library will be the sole arbiter of what constitutes a violation of this policy.
The library assumes no responsibility for any damages arising from the use of the Internet.